HIJACK
July 03, 2022, 21:48:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Main Forum.Faces Gallery.Tunes and Mixes.The Desk

Home   Help Login Register  
Share this page
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 48 |   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

New Members: All about you - post here!

(Read 695905 times)
RossCo

View Profile View Faces Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: November 15, 2007, 00:28:49 »

Hi i'm Ross from Bristol i don't really have a clue what i'm doing on the thingy! my mate said it was good for finding out whats going down in Bristol Music wise.

Feel free to contact me or let me know what's going on.

Cheers Guys
cheeba (dop)
Ultimate Warrior

Defective Perspective

View Profile View Faces Gallery WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: November 15, 2007, 10:06:07 »

hello my name is darren katalyst -i have dj'd in the sw for a few years now as dj katalyst.i ran katalyst records for five successful years and currently produce/event manage etc using the same name.my next gig is liquid flux in paignton if you wanna check us out:details on  www.myspace.com/vinylvulture..:eek:

greetings.

do they still have the waterslide park in paignton?  Slayer
mcvicar

Ignore
« Reply #1652 on: November 19, 2007, 12:37:30 »

I'm Matt, 22. Currently in my final year at Bristol uni, but ill be around for either a pHd or gap year in bristol next year. Been playing guitar for 12 years, classically trained for the first 8. I have played in original and covers bands performing gigs for about 5 years but am keen for something more serious. sick of student bands really! I consider myself a decent player in rock, blues, indie, punk, pop, folk, prog and very quick to pick up ideas and jam stuff out. Realistically I can offer two nights full practice a week with some stuff on the weekends perhaps. I have my own equipment and transport. Look forward to hearing from anyone interested!
Mr Lizard
Rookie

Click-Wobble

Ignore
« Reply #1653 on: November 22, 2007, 11:37:20 »

Hi there peeps,

I'm Oli - moved down to Bristol in the summer (one of the better decisions I've made in my life) and live in St Werburghs with all the crusties Cheesy

I'm a writer for i-DJ (yes, Sell By Dave is my editor) and promote the Delete night down in Bournemouth. We've got a party coming up on December 7th at Soho - details will be up on here shortly!

I've been warned by various people that getting sucked into Hijack is a dangerous thing, but it had to happen really!

You'll find me dancing at the following sorts of nights: under_score // Tape // Void // Best Before (one day Matt I will make it down!!)

Schweet

Schmorgasbord Records - a varied range of platters serving up 4/4 and broken delicacies for the dance.

PLATTER001 - Appleblim & October - out now on wax and digi.
PLATTER002 - coming soon....

http://www.facebook.com/schmorgasbord

Alt Recordings - Net Label focusing on stripped back funky electronic music
http://www.alt-recordings.com

Optimum Mastering - the finest mastering institution in all the land!
http://www.optimum-mastering.com
slard
Raver

Ignore
« Reply #1654 on: November 23, 2007, 10:24:48 »

ellabella
Raver

Ignore
« Reply #1655 on: November 23, 2007, 14:05:12 »

I'm Matt, 22. Currently in my final year at Bristol uni, but ill be around for either a pHd or gap year in bristol next year. Been playing guitar for 12 years, classically trained for the first 8. I have played in original and covers bands performing gigs for about 5 years but am keen for something more serious. sick of student bands really! I consider myself a decent player in rock, blues, indie, punk, pop, folk, prog and very quick to pick up ideas and jam stuff out. Realistically I can offer two nights full practice a week with some stuff on the weekends perhaps. I have my own equipment and transport. Look forward to hearing from anyone interested!

what subject are you doing?

it's hard enough remembering my opinions
without remembering my reasons for them
DJ Awol

:)

Ignore
« Reply #1656 on: December 05, 2007, 01:27:31 »

Hello every1 at hijack

My name is Rob (DJ Awol) and I have just moved to Bristol to do a Music Production Course at Access To Music (Danny wish you where still there) I'm 19 and have been mixing Drums for about 4 years, I'm open minded and will listen to anything if it sounds good, since i moved to Bristol I am loving the Break Beat and Dub scene but my heart does lie in Drum and Bass and the quality in Bristol is unreal. I love Drum and bass so much because of the way it makes me feel, don't really know how to explain it but when ever i get on the decks I express myself though my mixing.

Lovin Bristol Two Thumbs these next years are going to be mad!

H(/-\)YDEEZ
Veteran

Im sorry officer, I thought you wanted a race?

Ignore
« Reply #1657 on: December 11, 2007, 14:38:50 »

sup people, im Haydeez from K-Wood Bristol, bin raving and free partying for bout a year and a bit now, im a graffiti artist and really need to get my ass in gear and get a portfolio up together and start making some money, or a job would be nice. yeah im unemployed but go to Parkway college in filton doing mechanics, £30 a week EMA off the government gets me through a weekend barely lol!

i like to produce, and am pissed off cos my laptop is fucked, and i cant do anything about it lol! used to produce grime/uk hip hop, but moved out of that and now producing drum n bass, bit of raggacore wen i got the patience, and wanna move into dubstep aswell

i love music, its my life, weather its some grimey heavy breakcore down the swan gurning right out and horribly twisted in a k-hole, sat down having a nice lil (well, fat) smoke listening to some Pink Floyd, chilling out drawing to Nirvana or going down Academy watching Stiff Little Fingers, or even spitting wiv my boys out n about, ive always got my headphones in!

anyways, check the bebo Smiley its lame but all gud haha www.bebo.com/haydeez-dnb-soldier or the DSI www.dontstayin.com/haydeez-twistedkunt

safe people be hearing from you on the board!

Haydeez

In order to be old and wise you must first be young and foolish
pencilface
Raver

Ignore
« Reply #1658 on: December 13, 2007, 04:40:24 »

---

qazwsx

Ignore
« Reply #1659 on: December 24, 2007, 18:49:17 »

I'm 27 years old and work at Bristol University.
I joined 2 days ago because my boyfriend keeps talking about it.
bloke
Knife of the Realm

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1660 on: December 24, 2007, 18:51:01 »

talking about what?
PhilCollins

Ignore
« Reply #1661 on: December 24, 2007, 19:04:48 »

Hi i'm Phil

I'm most famous for being in a group started by Pete Gabriel back in the 70s called "Genesis".  He went a bit strange, started wearing flowers on his face, we lost it with him, and kicked him out in 1975. 

My career has led me into many roles in music, my solo career was a major success, got me loads of vagina, lots of free smoke, and a few chart successes in the UK and across the  pond, in the USA. 

I'm just really here to get more vagina, more free smoke and to chat with boys/girls that might wanna get to know a famous rock star a little bit better. 

I love u people!!! 

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight"

qazwsx

Ignore
« Reply #1662 on: December 24, 2007, 19:09:40 »

talking about what?

One of the first things he said when we met was 'are you on hijack bristol?' but I didn't know what he was talking about.  He said something about good nights out being posted on here? He seems to spend a lot of time on here during work.

I joined to find out why he thinks it's so great.
bloke
Knife of the Realm

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1663 on: December 24, 2007, 19:21:24 »

jolly good Smiley a young gent i know told me that all he did at work was browse hijack, i thought he was being a bit lazy but now i think he may have been addicted Wink
qazwsx

Ignore
« Reply #1664 on: December 24, 2007, 19:32:01 »

jolly good Smiley a young gent i know told me that all he did at work was browse hijack, i thought he was being a bit lazy but now i think he may have been addicted Wink

It turns out that quite a few people I know spend most of their time at work on this site.

I'm bored of facebook now so I'll be checking this site instead.
A TeddyBear Called Napalm

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: December 27, 2007, 22:49:18 »

Tomato Slayer!
Hi
I'm a teddy bear called Napalm, and I'm old enough
I'm into any kind of electronic music, 50's 60's and 70's oiginal lounge music, indie and post rock stuff as well
I play bass, drums and some guitar, and Dj (breaks, dnb, techno, trance, tech house, electro, indie etc.)
I have worked into music industry 13 years now, producing for and with several record companies, mostly techno, trance and house, but also dnb, break beats, and ...yes...punk, hardcore and death metal too. Slayer
I'm moving to Bristol the 12th of jan 2008, so I hope this "showoff" could anyhow help me to find enough confidence with you all BristolianZ
...also, needless to say, i shall be looking for a job... Cry yes, start from scratch, who cares, as long as I enjoy life I can start again 20 times and more  Two Thumbs
ok, I'll be around
cheereow!

p.s.
FORZA NAPOLI !

Tomato Slayer! Tomato Slayer! Tomato Slayer! Tomato Slayer! Tomato Slayer!

two feet in two graves = very long legs
Josh

Ignore
« Reply #1666 on: December 29, 2007, 07:59:54 »

Hello my names Josh,

I'm behind you.
HOUX
Veteran

Ignore
« Reply #1667 on: December 29, 2007, 20:53:48 »

sup people, im Haydeez from K-Wood Bristol, bin raving and free partying for bout a year and a bit now, im a graffiti artist and really need to get my ass in gear and get a portfolio up together and start making some money, or a job would be nice. yeah im unemployed but go to Parkway college in filton doing mechanics, £30 a week EMA off the government gets me through a weekend barely lol!

i like to produce, and am pissed off cos my laptop is fucked, and i cant do anything about it lol! used to produce grime/uk hip hop, but moved out of that and now producing drum n bass, bit of raggacore wen i got the patience, and wanna move into dubstep aswell

i love music, its my life, weather its some grimey heavy breakcore down the swan gurning right out and horribly twisted in a k-hole, sat down having a nice lil (well, fat) smoke listening to some Pink Floyd, chilling out drawing to Nirvana or going down Academy watching Stiff Little Fingers, or even spitting wiv my boys out n about, ive always got my headphones in!

anyways, check the bebo Smiley its lame but all gud haha www.bebo.com/haydeez-dnb-soldier or the DSI www.dontstayin.com/haydeez-twistedkunt

safe people be hearing from you on the board!

Haydeez

why hello  Perv, mmmhmmm, yummy *rubs hands*
HOUX
Veteran

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: December 30, 2007, 16:07:08 »

TIME aka Christian Gabriel, 28. skratch dj. lover of knowledge and all round really nice guy lol  Slayer, stationed here on moon base alpha Brisstal9. Have been working on my dubstep sound for TIME now, thought it was TIME I shared as I have just got the net so will deffo be checking in from TIME2TIME. I also make Hip Hop music with MC Jimi Presha and you can check that stuff here  www.myspace.com/jimipresha

My dubstep is in the sig...!!  Slayer ya might wanna check that as ive just uploaded a new track 2 day! (30 dec 2007)  "Black Cloud" (theres some scrtaching performed by myself at the end of this track).

Safe all!

oooh even more new blood  Perv, mmmhmmm, yummy *rubs hands* mwuhaha
TimesAreTreacherous
Ultimate Warrior

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: December 30, 2007, 18:18:34 »

Ha!  Eek

New Album... "mushroom jesus" ..on its way.

carrie
Rookie

Ignore
« Reply #1670 on: January 03, 2008, 21:13:27 »

carrie - 38 - BS3.

signed up to annoy my ex.

Am a long term lurker and old time raver.

Tom Blast
Veteran

#Beeertime

Ignore
« Reply #1671 on: January 06, 2008, 02:19:37 »

carrie - 38 - BS3.

signed up to annoy my ex.

Am a long term lurker and old time raver.

Hello  Two Thumbs
Who's your ex then? I take it someone on here  Wink

Now that was a f*cking rave. A proper sweaty top-off monster. Best night I've been to for f*cking ages.
craven

Ignore
« Reply #1672 on: January 07, 2008, 12:02:04 »

hi m names sam...
im 22 and ive recently moved to bristol...im looking for help with promotion and booking events for my band the manakins....check out our music at http://www.myspace.com/themanakins...if anyone can help that would be awesome...
thnx
sam
aceboluky

Ignore
« Reply #1673 on: January 07, 2008, 13:26:04 »

1 person bedroom available in 4 bed house-share in Windmill Hill, Bedminster, Bristol.

Rent £225 a month, non-inclusive, no need to register with agency as i am finding someone to fill my room till contract is complete, room is available from Feb 1st 08 to Jun 1st 08

Good sized single person room, i can fit my double futon in with plenty of space free. Room comes with desk and wardrobe but no bed unfortunately. Good large window and neat shelving in alcove, room is on first floor of house. Floor shared with two other bedrooms. Ground floor of house has spacious sitting room, large kitchen, bathroom/lavatory and pleasant back garden.

Windmill Hill is a surprisingly pleasant area of Bedminster, good local shops and pubs, close to st. johns lane, asda, lidl etc.

Ideally the room should be taken by someone who doesnt mind sharing with a mix of professionals/students, the house is pro-smoking and not sure whether pet friendly.

If interested please contact Luke on 07934606035
acidscrubber

Ignore
« Reply #1674 on: January 07, 2008, 15:06:32 »

hello iv been djing and producing random shiz for a few years now, i live in the forest of dean at the moment but not for long as am trying to do full time college and get a room nearby im 20 years old
 spafe

hmm
Knife of the Realm

Ignore
« Reply #1675 on: January 07, 2008, 16:42:41 »

meet chris, he got a bit lost

http://www.hijackbristol.co.uk/board/index.php/topic,43087.msg646304.html#msg646304

Hooty
Hijack Admin
Knife of the Realm

Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #1676 on: January 07, 2008, 22:42:35 »

Laugh Laugh

K1987
Raver

Ignore
« Reply #1677 on: January 09, 2008, 07:56:59 »

Yo, my name's Kane, i'm 20 and I live in Hanham & work in retail full time on queens road... Been djing for a year or two, only seriously since the summer, unfortunately made the mistake of buying shitty decks which broke so ended up getting into the laptop malarky, hence the screenname -- Latest mix features Boy 8 Bit, Pryda, Riva Starr, Dusty Kid, D.I.M, AC Slater, Radioclit, Audiojack and MSTRKRFT, but outside of this I'm into Dubstep, Soul, Hardcore Punk, (good)Indie, Drum and Bass, etc.
Cheers
Uncle Basic
Knife of the Realm

Ignore
« Reply #1678 on: January 09, 2008, 19:58:48 »

Yo, my name's Kane, i'm 20 and I live in Hanham & work in retail full time on queens road... Been djing for a year or two, only seriously since the summer, unfortunately made the mistake of buying shitty decks which broke so ended up getting into the laptop malarky, hence the screenname -- Latest mix features Boy 8 Bit, Pryda, Riva Starr, Dusty Kid, D.I.M, AC Slater, Radioclit, Audiojack and MSTRKRFT, but outside of this I'm into Dubstep, Soul, Hardcore Punk, (good)Indie, Drum and Bass, etc.
Cheers

Where's the mix at?

betamax

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: January 09, 2008, 21:23:05 »

Hi, my real name is not betamax. But that's not important. I'd just like to introduce myself and say I like all types of music, but especially - ooh wait a minute I might be in danger pigeon holing myself right from the start if I proceed with that list. Well I like music, alot, really loads. I listen to a lot of it all day for a long time.

Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'd like to leave you with a quote; in fact the best thing I have heard for ages, from my 3 year old son, Spike. He said:
"Dad, tomorrow I want be a triangle"
And I know exactly how he feels.

Hope and Motivation, betamax
K1987
Raver

Ignore
« Reply #1680 on: January 09, 2008, 21:40:31 »

Where's the mix at?

2007 was jackin in a nutshell mix.mp3 - 96.86MB

Would be sweet if you could have a gander
darshcake

Ignore
« Reply #1681 on: January 09, 2008, 22:44:34 »

Hello. I'm Tommy. I'm 22 and have been living in Bristol for about 4 years now but haven't ever bothered to get on Hijack. Argh! I'm into all sorts of music. But I tend to go out in Bristol to nights like Gener8r, Bashout and the Dissident nights. I like going to festivals. Managed to hit up Glade & Sziget this year. Shame about the weather & what happened to the Overkill  Angry though.

I've been playing guitar most of my life but am not in a band at the moment. If anyone fancies gettin together for a jam then msg me and lets spank some plank! Oh when I said I like all sorts of music that was a lie. I don't like psytrance. Not one little bit. Oh and I'm not really into dubstep. Not because I don't like the sound but more because i can't really find a place for it. Too slow to dance to and too full on to chill out to. But hmm a bit more about what sorts of music I do like. Recently I've listened to a lot of neurofunk, breakcore, jungle, 70's rock, hardtek, acid, a lot of Tom Waits, oh and never miss out Hendrix  Cheesy. That's about it really.

I'll leave you with an interesting bit of trivia:

The only country in the world where Coca-cola is not the most popular soft drink is Scotland where it is Irn-Bru!!! Although debate over whether or not Scotland is a country still remains.
thedave

« Reply #1682 on: January 10, 2008, 11:25:42 »

"Dad, tomorrow I want be a triangle"
And I know exactly how he feels.

duuude, we've all been there
welcome
Cabalist
Knife of the Realm

Ignore
« Reply #1683 on: January 10, 2008, 11:58:50 »

Welcome all new people!  Smiley

My digit is firmly ensconced in my anus
drfish
Raver

Dr Fish - Breaking Beats

Ignore
« Reply #1684 on: January 13, 2008, 16:21:09 »

Alright Guys my names Ben, just in the process of moving to Bristol from North Dorset! Been coming to Bristol for a while to party and finally got round to moving up! Im into a lot of musics apart from R n B and bands that all sound the same. My main passion these days lies with Breakbeat! Ive been DJing for about 8 years playing a lot of different styles but now firmly stuck playing breaks. I'm into turtablism as well. I spent 4 years in France DJing in the Alpes in the winters, and surf beaches in the summer and came back here in October 2006. Since then Ive put on some raves in Dorset and got some recognition in London through winning the 2007 DJoust competiton. Got some great gigs coming up in London for the future but hoping to get into the scene in Bristol as well. 

I also run my own radio show on Breakspoll nominated Brap.FM called the shire rats radio show 1st and 3rd mondays of the month 10pm - midnight. We're always looking for new DJs to play on the show, not always just break DJs either. So if you fancy playing on the show or know anyone that maybe interested in tuning in, get them in contact. This is the facecrack group for the show where you can contact us or be updated on future shows. Our next show is featuring the one and only best breakthrough DJ 2007 HEXADECIMAL's live set at Glade 2007 so tune in for that one its gonna be huge!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5426334116

Check out my myspace and details for free mixes and gig dates etc...

Peace out all Slayer

IvyCairo

Ignore
« Reply #1685 on: January 14, 2008, 15:35:44 »

Having lived in Bristol for 2 years I know the Hijack nights here well, great and always quite messy. In fact wish I could remember more of them :} Big up to Wascal and his fab home grown dubstep beats!

Currently singing with live drum and bass band Formant, the boys and I have been devastated to find out our awesome faithless/Conrad style lyricist MC Snappa AKAJoey Badman is leaving us for Brighton. So we're looking for a talented MC who can write, perform and freestyle, but not in your archetypal D&B MC way.... See Formants myspace for samples though no recordings of our current material. The music is quite funky and fast soul style at times but does venture into the darker realms of D&B and we'd welcome anyone with interesting and creative ideas.. Get in touch here or Myspace if you're interested or can recommend anyone who might be....  Kaz x

MikeClarkDJ

Ignore
« Reply #1686 on: January 18, 2008, 17:24:13 »

Hello to you all,

I am fairly new to Bristol, moved here in August. Im in my final year at Worcester Uni studying Business Management. My connection to music is through DJing. My styles are tech, progressive and vocal trance along with house (various styles). Im not purely one thing or another, I just play a broad spectrum of tracks that cover those genres. I am absolutley crazy about the music, im always actively searching for new tracks to fall in love with. Ive just started to dabble in production (myspace.com/djmarcsky), i also intend to promote myself further around Bristol..So thats why im here!

I hear that there are a number of promoters that use this forum, so i would like the chance to speak to you, to those of you who sound interest in my style.

My previous experience over the last 5 years includes the University of Worcester Students Union and a Norwegian University Students Union (Hogskolen i Agder).

Please contact me for any further info you require and/or just to get to know me!

Cheers!

Mike

bloke
Knife of the Realm

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1687 on: January 19, 2008, 01:06:53 »

welkom to hijack Mike...how does one say psychedelic trance in Norwegian?
MikeClarkDJ

Ignore
« Reply #1688 on: January 19, 2008, 09:30:57 »

welkom to hijack Mike...how does one say psychedelic trance in Norwegian?

that im sorry to say I dont know. My norwegian friends speak english to me. But you are right in that they like psych trance!

Jofi
Dub Specialist

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1689 on: January 19, 2008, 13:27:02 »

psykedelisk transer

This could go down as one of the best rucks in British history. The city centre being left as some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteland strewn with glitter, torn St George flags and mangled dreadlocks.
bloke
Knife of the Realm

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1690 on: January 19, 2008, 14:32:10 »

thank you kindly, i will now be able to wander round spanish beaches saying psykedelisk transer? to norwegian hippy girls in much the same way that one might say "bobby charlton?" to the englanders Wink

more poi than you can shake a stick at, phwoooooor  Bad Teeth
Uncle Basic
Knife of the Realm

Ignore
« Reply #1691 on: January 19, 2008, 16:06:34 »

thank you kindly, i will now be able to wander round spanish beaches saying psykedelisk transer? to norwegian hippy girls in much the same way that one might say "bobby charlton?" to the englanders Wink

Laugh

Jofi
Dub Specialist

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1692 on: January 19, 2008, 18:16:54 »

no probs, and just incase it's running a bit dry on the nordic front
trance psicodélico?
psychedelic transen?
幻覚的な恍惚〔失神〕?

that should keep you covered, although if there are Japanese hippies I doubt their crustmobiles will make it as far as spain

This could go down as one of the best rucks in British history. The city centre being left as some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteland strewn with glitter, torn St George flags and mangled dreadlocks.
bloke
Knife of the Realm

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1693 on: January 19, 2008, 19:33:16 »

what about in hebrew? i was once told of a particular psytrance dancing style called the "israeli stomp"
Jofi
Dub Specialist

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1694 on: January 19, 2008, 19:51:42 »

of course
הדהמה פסיכאדלית?

bloke
Knife of the Realm

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1695 on: January 19, 2008, 19:58:23 »

thank you, your knowledge of international dance music terminology is most impressive Smiley
Jofi
Dub Specialist

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1696 on: January 19, 2008, 20:06:08 »

don't get me started on dubstep translations  Roll Eyes

Cabalist
Knife of the Realm

Ignore
« Reply #1697 on: January 21, 2008, 11:55:56 »

don't get me started on dubstep translations  Roll Eyes

The word 'wank' doesn't differ much across all languages afaik.  Bad Teeth

Jofi
Dub Specialist

Bristol crew!

Ignore
« Reply #1698 on: January 22, 2008, 20:53:46 »

steal my punch line why don't you    Grin

Cabalist
Knife of the Realm

Ignore
« Reply #1699 on: January 22, 2008, 21:13:30 »

buh dum dum tssshhhhh

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 48 |   Go Up
  Print  

Seeing ads here? To remove them, Log in or Register.

Jump to: